Ok - I am not one of those girls who loves the sappy-happy ending movie. Actually, I rarely do; only when it's a unique storyline - but let's be honest, those don't exist any more. Romantic comedies just don't do it for me - well, they only do when they're funny enough that it's more comedy than romance. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to be a pessimist (I'm not) - but I just hate it when in a movie, at the beginning, the female lead's life is all in pieces (bad job, bad living situation, no money, no love life or jerk boyfriend, etc.) and then at the end, voila, the perfect boyfriend, job, EVERYTHING comes in approximately 90-120 minutes. Now, don't get me wrong - not that things can't make a turn for the better, but I hate it how everything ends up PERFECT - life isn't like that. And I don't like stories that are all fairytale - it's just not realistic.
Anyhow, I almost exclusively like creepy movies. And I don't mean horror shows - but movies with kind of a dark undertone. I like it sweet with a little side of bitter. Tonight, I watched one of my favorite creepy movies (when my mom saw it, she said something about it made her skin crawl). Has anyone else seen this cult classic? Anyone else LOVE it, like I do?
3 comments:
Dear Blogger - You say that you don't like fairytale endings - life isn't like that - well, have you ever read "The Secret?" I think it would change your mind; I know it changed mine. It is on my top 10 list of favorite books.
PS Fairytales do come true in The Secret!
I didn't know that Shopgirl was a creepy movie...when you say creepy, I think of movies like American Psycho, Fight Club, American Beauty, etc. All of which rank among my favorite movies. I dislike romantic comedies, mostly because they are boring and predictable. One 'relationship' movie that I do like is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Have you seen it?
Post a Comment