Sunday, October 11, 2009

Trying to Find Comfort on the Internet?

It always amuses me the things people search for on the internet. Or rather, the possibly answers out there in cyberspace. I guess whether or not people are actually searching for these things is difficult to tell, although, I believe if there are answers out there, it's simply because someone was once asking the question.

Some examples of what I'm talking about:

--Unrequited Love: 1,060,000 google hits
--Dealing with a Broken Heart: 45,600,000 google hits
--Everything Happens for a Reason: 31,600,000 google hits

If one is struggling with a difficult time - is 'googling' the issue - these emotional, real life issues - now the way we cope? Is this a sign of the times? If one is suffering from, let's say, unrequited love, does one google the subject and read up on it? Is there comfort in that? Does google really hold all the answers? I'm kind of opting for 'no' - insert cliched expression of 'some answers can't be found on google'.

Anyhow.

Your thoughts? Has anyone out there ever googled how to handle a tough 'life' topic? Has anyone out there sought comfort on the internet?

No judgment.

No comments:

[Valid Atom 1.0]