Monday, February 7, 2011
It's Been a While since We've Had a Sex and the City Quote
I was looking for a good one. I ironically came across this winner:
"Every girlfriend I've had wants me to change something. Change your friends. Change your job. Change your attitude. The only thing I change is girlfriends." (random guy)
I kind of like this. I don't think we, as people, should change for anyone (not just my women - men too). I'm almost inclined to say 'you go, boy!' The relationship we have with ourselves is the one to which we should be most loyal.
I know several friends that have dated guys that they have viewed as a 'work in progress'. Some of them successfully molded these men, others - not so much. I, personally, do not have the energy. I can also think of a male coworker who once explained that it took him a while to realize it, but his first wife wasn't necessarily as in love with him as she was with the man she had all along been trying to make him into (and note the word 'first' preceding wife). Anyhow.
I personally just don't have the energy to try to shape a guy. I want one ready-made, the way I want. Maybe that explains my singlehood. Hmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment