So last year was a year of a lot of changes for me. I went in with some goals, as I outlined in some previous posts.
Anyhow. They saying putting one's goals down in writing and/or telling people about one's goals makes her more likely to achieve them because it makes them seem more definite. That, and there's the fear of public failure. Other people knowing and, mayhaps, 'watching' one will better keep that person in check. Kind of like having a weight-loss buddy. Or something like that.
Anyhow.
My goal for 2012....
I have a short story that needs to be written. I've dragged my feet on doing so for a very long time. By the end of 2012, I should have a hard draft done.
There you go.
Keep me in check.
Hopefully this goes better than my promises to blog more.
Anyhow. They saying putting one's goals down in writing and/or telling people about one's goals makes her more likely to achieve them because it makes them seem more definite. That, and there's the fear of public failure. Other people knowing and, mayhaps, 'watching' one will better keep that person in check. Kind of like having a weight-loss buddy. Or something like that.
Anyhow.
My goal for 2012....
I have a short story that needs to be written. I've dragged my feet on doing so for a very long time. By the end of 2012, I should have a hard draft done.
There you go.
Keep me in check.
Hopefully this goes better than my promises to blog more.

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
1 comment:
Good - if you want, you can kill two birds with one stone by posting your short story in your blog - maybe as a series. I know I'd read.
Post a Comment