Monday, March 24, 2008

eharmonizing

So, I must say, I have a plethora of friends/acquaintances who have at some point tried various dating networks. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. Hey, I'm a single gal - let me say firsthand - it's hard out there!

That being said, I will never participate in said networks. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll agree -it's hard to meet someone - generally speaking, other than work, the bars, or through a friend - there aren't many places to meet someone.

It's not that I think it's 'screwing with fate' (I think it's fine to try something new and make an active effort toward finding someone). It's that these sites COST MONEY! A lot of money!! I had no idea until recently, when a good friend who shall remain nameless took the plunge. A year subscription is nearing $500!!

Now, although I don't find these sites to be screwing with fate - I do believe that when it comes to love, you absolutely cannot force things. And don't get me wrong - I am happy being single - because I feel I have the opportunity to be with someone I'm crazy about at any given moment. The reason I'd consider joining would be for the opportunity to meet a lot of new people that I might not come across in my regularly daily routine.

However, I feel if I were to join eharmony, I'd be trying to get into a relationship simply so I could unjoin as soon as possible!! I'd be trying force something simply to save some moolah!! And, although I'm sure everyone has his or her own reasons for dating whomever he or she is dating - I think 'so I don't have to be on eharmony' would universally be the wrong one.

2 comments:

JLA said...

Matt and I didn't spend a single dime eharmonizing. Not saying that that is ok or just or moral. (My mom to this day jokingly says that Matt owes them.) Anyway... I just wanted to clarify that it is possible to accomplish for free.

That's Not My Name said...

that's why you use free sites-like facebook! worked for me! hahaha

[Valid Atom 1.0]