Sunday, August 29, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love


Ok - just a question - did anyone out there REALLY LIKE this book?

Let me preface this by saying I haven't read it - however, several of my friends (my reading afficionados, if you will) read it and HATED it.  In fact, everyone I know personally whom I've spoken with on this book said they didn't like it.  However, it is a bestseller and all.  Do I just happen to know the pocket of people who hold unpopular opinion?  Or are there just a bunch of lemmings over the cliff on this?  Is this another 'The Secret'?!

Have any of my readers read it?  Did you like it?  Should I read it?  Your thoughts?

4 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

I hate to say this, but the women I know that have read/liked it are in the over 35 age bracket. The ones who like sappy stories. So maybe in 20 years you can read it.

Jaime said...

I am so flattered that you think it'll be twenty years before I fall into the 'over 35' age bracket!

(Please don't delete your comment.)

That's Not My Name said...

Well, I figured you wouldn't want to read it till you're closer to your 50s. So my comment stands. (yes, I am taking this literally!)

Tom said...

My officemate read that book, and loves it. She is, coincidentally, 35.

[Valid Atom 1.0]