....those who sit on the computer all day whilst at work, and those who don't.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but walk with me for a second here....
I was recently speaking with a good friend (who shall remain nameless). She complained that she feels slightly out of the loop because she can't sit on gchat all day, as the rest of her girlfriends can.
I think of my high school girlfriends - our group of four. Three of us are in the former group - one in the latter. The one in the latter always complains she feels like she hasn't talked to us in forever and doesn't know what's going on as well as the others do. This isn't really a big deal since we all still speak with each other on the phone or in person.
Anyhow. I can see this having a more profound effect on some other friendships and how they're shaped. I am sure there are some more severe cases out there. It is almost having as much of an effect as physical distance - even though we might keep in touch with friends in other states and still consider them out best friends, they aren't as much a part of our lives at times because of it. Your thoughts?
Saturday, August 28, 2010
There are Two Types of People in this World....
Labels:
Facebook,
Friends,
Friendship,
Working Woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
1 comment:
I agree with this. I have the type of job where I have access to gchat and it is nice to be able to talk to friends who live far away. However, Fb is blocked, which I think is a good thing. It means that when I get home, I can check it, and there will be lots of updates!
Post a Comment