So, I won't say too much on this matter, however, let's just say, in recent history, on more than one occasion, I have found myself on the receiving end of...dum dum dum...the silent treatment.
I am not going to play innocent here. I have also been a giver of said treatment.
I was discussing said issue with a coworker today. She presented a theory. Much like hatred - usually giving someone the silent treatment causes more hurt and pain to the giver rather than the receiver, mostly because the giver is the one who is more conscious of the act and putting more time, energy, effort, and thought into the situation. I think I might totally agree with this.
Anyhow. What are your thoughts? Is the silent treatment effective? Does it ever actually accomplish something? Is it more detrimental to the giver than the receiver? I'd like to pretend the receiver of said treatment can completely ignore it and brush it off, but realistically speaking, here I am writing said blog on said subject, so I clearly am not succeeding at it completely. What is the best way to react to said treatment? What's a better way to handle a situation other than said treatment? Your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment