As you can see from the post below, I saw the Sex and the City movie premiere last night. As Samantha Jones would say: Spec-fucking-tacular!!
I won't go into any spoilers - but I will say this. I think, in general, 95% of loyal SATC fans will love the movie. Most who saw the movie last night were long-term fans and they all seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I think people who are not all that familiar with the show and the characters will split - I'm guessing a 50/50 split on reviews from the big-player critics. To look at it as a random romantic comedy - it's not unpredictable and a little long (2 1/2 hour - which flied for me).
However, what made the movie, for me, was that all the characters were exactly as I'd remembered them. They were kept consistent with the show. All original actors were used (even for the bit parts - Magda the housekeeper even!), so it felt as if it could be a seventh season in and of itself.
I know I'll be seeing it again this weekend, as well as purchasing it on dvd. :)

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment