Thursday, May 22, 2008

Starbucks, Part 2

So there's a new Starbucks logo (actually, I heard a possible rumor that it's really an old logo that they've revived) that's causing a lot of controversy. I found a quote from some conservative Christian group on the subject:

The Resistance, a national Christian group based in San Diego, has a problem with Starbucks’ new, design. Resistance founder Mark Dice pointed to the label’s “naked woman ... with her legs spread like a prostitute” and said Starbucks “might as well call themselves “Slutbucks".”

I've never taken 'too sensitive' too seriously. However, judge for yourself:
I must say the new logo is considerably uglier....

3 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Jaime, Jaime, Jaime! What happened to your reporting skills from the days of the Correspondent? You let me down here!

The Resistance is a "national Christian group based in San Diego"? Not quite...

Visit "The Resistance" website and see for yourself:
http://www.theresistancemanifesto.com/

"The Resistance" is a one man show - Mark Dice. It's not a church, nor a Christian group. It's a web page that allows people to subscribe to a free newsletter. Mark makes outrageous comments to try to sell his book (The Resistance Manifesto) which, among other things, tries to argue that 9-11 was an inside job.

He's been on Fox News a couple of times for getting celebrities all riled up with his nonsense.

Jaime said...

ah Matt! I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet; I found the info on "the resistance" - at adage.com (semi-reputable). you can find the info there.

re: reporting skills - i will put more time and research into my 'stories' when the paychecks start coming in.

[Valid Atom 1.0]