When was the last time you bought a CD? Like walked into a Best Buy and purchased one? For me, it had to have been senior year of high school (those of you who know me know how many years ago that would have been). I believe, in fact, that last CD I personally walked in and purchased was 'Baby One More Time' by Miss Britney Spears. PRIDE.Early into freshman year of college, I learned the joys of, ahem, acquiring music over the internet. Nowadays, it's quite common with i-tunes to purchase a song at a time (perfect for keeping one-hit wonders exactly that). Hey, it is far from the most questionable thing people acquire over the internet.
Anyhow, I know there are still people out there in my age bracket with my level of comfort with technology who still go to the stores and buy CDs. I am curious - does anyone out there still uphold this practice?
One of the best things about CDs is that one can easily randomly discover some lesser known good songs by an artist that one wouldn't be discovering under, let's say, this new system. Right now, for the most part, I think people are primarily buying songs they already know they like. I guess this way one isn't forced to buy something he or she might not want - there are pros and cons.
Any CD enthusiasts out there?

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
5 comments:
I still buy CDs, and I am not afraid to admit it. If I find an artist I like, I tend to buy their CD to support them - plus, because they are already one of my favorite artists I know I will like all of what is on the CD. My car doesn't have an iPod input jack, so I don't keep my iPod in the car - the battery drains easily with the iTrip.
So - I buy the CD. Sometimes I buy the CD on iTunes - but that limits the amount of times you can put a song on a CD. I also still make mixed CDs. The funny thing is - I usually have an audiobook in my car, and am not listening to music.
actually, as i wrote this, i was thinking about the time we were at starbucks (you know, that ONE time), it was a couple years ago with matt and laura around Christmas and you had just gotten the job at the Glenview library and you bought two cds from there (the ones they put out). so i was thinking 'courtney buys cds!!' i'm so glad you commented. :)
i just purchased a copy of the latest new kids on the block cd and i will be rocking out to it in my car as soon as it arrives :)
angelique here. I buy CD's anytime I love, loVE, LOVE something an artist puts out. I have to admit though, the last CD I bought this year was Brittany's Spears "Blackout" (Don't judge me!)
Good, so I'm glad I'm not alone in the Britney Spears-ness.
Post a Comment