Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random Statistic I Found in my Glamour Magazine

'The typical student today has the same level of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient in the early 1950s did."  (From the article "How Stressed Are You?")

2 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

statistics can be used to prove (or disprove) anything. I would hope that you are more skeptical than to actually believe anything that Glamour says. What's the point of a statistic like that besides trying to frighten women into thinking that their lives stink even more than they already do?
Always question your sources. Just some helpful advice from a librarian.

Jaime said...

Haha. I do know the issues of statistics and studies and what have you. I just found it interesting, because I could easily see it as being accurate. Not meant to scare. Just an observation of how life moves these days.

[Valid Atom 1.0]