Friday, May 30, 2008

Handwriting Analyst

So last night's Sun-Times birthday bash included a handwriting analyst as entertainment fare (I can only assume all magicians and balloon animal artists were already booked).

I decided to get in line 'for fun' - giving this the same amount of credibility as a palm-reader, astrologist or psychic. And in case any reader is wondering how much credibility that might be, well, remember, I am a regularly practicing cynic.

Let me preface this with the following statement: often times, things like horoscopes will have very subltly-general statements, such as "the happiness of those you care about is more important to you than your own" or "you're ambitious, it bothers you when others around you don't pull their own weight", which, generally speaking, MANY can find apply to themselves yet will still elicit a reaction of "OMG, sooo true!"

Her analysis of my signature, birthday, and brief cursive sentence:

--I am sensitive but I don't like people to know it
--I have trouble expressing my needs and feelings to others in my life, by the time I'm expressing them, I'm angry
--I see things in black and white, there is very little gray area in my life
--I have some creative side, perhaps I'm a writer....
--Sometimes I put up walls to block out emotions

Her advice to me:

--Become more in tune with my emotions; take down the wall
--See if I can get a deal to write a children's book (....)

Thoughts?

2 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

HA! I'd love to see you write a children's book! You know, since you love kids so much. :-P
It might be interesting, you'd actually talk to them like people instead of glossing over the truth...

Jaime said...

hahaha that is SO what'd I'd do! It actually annoys me when people talk baby talk to children.

[Valid Atom 1.0]