Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Top 10 Baby Names in 2007

The top baby names of 2007 have come out:

Girls:

1) Emily
2) Isabella
3) Emma
4) Ava
5) Madison
6) Sophia
7) Olivia
8) Abigail
9) Hannah
10) Elizabeth

Boys:
1) Jacob
2) Michael
3) Ethan
4) Joshua
5) Daniel
6) Christopher
7) Anthony
8) William
9) Matthew
10) Andrew

I am under-impressed with some of these choices. My favorites on the girl's list are Elizabeth and Ava. None of the boy's names impress me - I think I'd pick Ethan as the best but I can't say I'm excited about it.

Your thoughts?

1 comment:

That's Not My Name said...

Well, I can vouch for Daniel being a popular name in 2007, since that's my nephew's name and he was born in January of '07. But he was named after my brother, so I don't think his parents were following any trends.
The girls' names make sense-Madison seems to be everywhere, and I know lots of little girls named Abigail (including Jim's niece) That being said, the only names I really like are Ava and Elizabeth
The guys' names are fairly bland. I think Matthew will always be popular. I don't like the name Jacob, but the others seem fairly standard. I guess you can't get too creative with boys' names.

[Valid Atom 1.0]