Thursday, June 5, 2008

Observation, Part 2

Today I meandered into the Coach store around 200 S. LaSalle. Coach is currently suffering from what I call "Starbucks Syndrome". I wasn't in the store but five seconds when I heard "love that purse" in reference to the purse I was carrying (it was a Coach bag, mind you). Ten seconds later "I love the way you matched your sweater to your bag". "Great outfit". Ugh, ugh, ugh!! I'm not a piece of toast, stop buttering me up! One girl segued her comment about my purple bag and purple sweater into "and did you see this purple scarf? we also have a purple wallet".

I couldn't take it. I walked out; I bought nothing. I went straight into Starbucks and got a latte.

1 comment:

emily said...

hahaha.....cherish it. usually when I walk into a store, all i hear is "SLUT!"

[Valid Atom 1.0]