Saturday, June 14, 2008

Shoutout

So, as I blogged about earlier, the Chicago Sun-Times had a 'birthday party' a couple weeks ago. I met my new friend (but longtime facebook friend) Richard Roeper (from "At the Movies" - formerly "Ebert & Roeper", formerly "Siskel & Ebert"; also writer of a daily column in the paper). Anyhow, I happened to bump into him and the group he was talking with (inadvertently, of course) and I pointed out our cyber-camaraderie.

"Ah, cool. Yeah, I'm hardly ever on facebook actually." I then pointed out "but you update your profile every day". He seemed less than thrilled and said "yeah, I guess". Sensing that my parachute was turning into a knapsack, I changed the subject to his new book and asked if he would be willing to autograph my copy. Talk about how to win friends and influence people - he was more than eager to help. So, hopefully it'll come back through the interoffice mail in a week or two.

Since Richard was so nice - I'm giving his new book some free publicity. He's tackling some interesting topics in there - such as new age philosophy, reality tv scandals and faux religious images.

Review to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Updates his facebook everyday? Ha!! What a girl!....and then reluctantly admits it...what a jackass. When I had a few run ins w Roeper I was never very impressed by him.

[Valid Atom 1.0]