Thursday, September 3, 2009

Juliet Balconies



Ok, I have one of these. It's basically a small slab of concrete the size of a curb and a (scarily short) fence.

I remember the first time I viewed this apt, the landlord told me there was a "little" balcony. Then she opened the door to it. My only thought was "are you 'bleepin'' kidding me"?

Ok, so I have, needless to say, warmed up to the apartment. However, I am not sure what to make of the balcony yet. What do I do with it? Romeo is not at the bottom waiting for me; I have already checked. (P.S. By the way, he is soooo not my dream 'prince charming' male suitor from a love story. But that's a whole other blog in and of itself.)

Anyhow. Does anyone else out there have a Juliet Balcony? What should I do with it? What do you do with yours?

6 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

Put some plants on it!

The Real Anonymous said...

Install a ladder so your friends can climb up!!

Courtney said...

I was thinking - a cute planter/window box that you can put on the fence thingy... and then you can just open the doors when it gets nice. it is kind of like having really big french door windows... and the fence is just there so your dog doesnt jump out, haha.

emily said...

you couldn't even spit off that balcony!

Angelique Page said...

I second Courtney's opinion!

Unknown said...

I vote for using it to step out and test the weather in your pajamas in the morning. That's what I do with mine in the front of my unit.

[Valid Atom 1.0]