Throughout my backing of her, I knew I was supporting a flawed individual with skeletons in the closet. I would imagine all of Hillary's supporters would say the same. I believe McCain's supporters might make a similar statement about him.
I'd like to wager a guess that there are good amount of Obama supporters (at least those I met) think they are supporting a pure and wondrous being. He's a CHICAGO POLITICIAN. The chances of this being true are about the same as ME getting elected president this November. Call me a cynic (I wear the title with pride) - I don't f*#&ing buy it, Obama.
Here's my problem with him: he ran a campaign based purely on hypocrisy. AND SO MANY PEOPLE DIDN'T NOTICE. He made some statements about how 'he's about a different kind of politics". ok. He's not into the mudslinging; those kind of things distract from the real issues. fine. He comes out and says he's different, he's about change, blah blah blah. But in saying this, he pretty much insinuates (and at times outright says) that all of his competition is about old school politics, distractions, etc. In doing so, HE SLINGS MUD ON HIS COMPETITION. That's the whole platform of his campaign - vote for me because I'm not like these other guys who really really suck!! Hypocrisy in its purest form!! He is a brilliant manipulator (which is really a quality I personally could live without in a president).
His supporters, who all think he's 'not like the rest' will all argue that one should vote for him because Hillary Clinton, John McCain, or whomever else there is, is worse for reasons x, y and z. It's a big giant mud bath, which last time I checked, was the politics we're trying to get away from!!
One thing I will give Barack is that he's very smart - he's not unaware of what's taken place. He's just basking in the fact that everyone else seems to be.
I'll end it with this - I'm not saying I won't vote for Obama. But I'm still looking for a good reason to that doesn't involve "because the alternative sucks". That platform backfired on John Kerry - let's learn from recent history, Democrats!
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
1 comment:
weird, I posted about you girl today too....
Post a Comment