So, it has been almost two weeks since anonymous has blogmented. I thought, perhaps, that anonymous had blogmented recently on the 'Old Navy' post, but it turns out that was just a regular commenter. At this point, the last comment he (or she) made was on the Fleetwood Mac post.
Anon. Did I embarrass you with the birthday shoutout? Are you shier than I initially thought? Do you feel your guise is blown since I called you out on being younger than 96?
Or, is it something entirely different? Have you been out of the country? Somewhere for two weeks without internet access? Have you just been busy - perhaps you're in the middle of moving or starting a new job? Or, should I be concerned about your well-being? Being almost 96, perhaps there's a medical concern....
Please let me know, anon. For as much as I curse your name at times, I think you really add an air of mystery to this blog.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
2 comments:
No need to worry, I have been vacationing for the past two weeks at a remote blog in the Northern Shan Highlands of Burma (Myanmar). I think it goes without saying, that there is no internet connection anywhere near the blogs in the Burmese highlands. If they would have had a connection, I would no doubt have been continually “blogmenting” (Love that word) and keeping you and your loyal followers updated on the trip. I do apologize for not telling you where I was going. I know people tend to worry when old timers wonder off, but I assure you I am fine. The vacation was fantastic and just what I needed, and aside from there being no access to salt or butter or shuffleboard it was perfect. We played Sittuyin (Burmese Chess) Thone-set-chauk-kaung (similar to Roulette) and Connect Four. We also visited many ancient Burmese temples including the temple of Dhammayangyi, and the Shwezigon, Ananda, Gawdapalin temples all of which are located in Bagan. I have a ton of pictures I would love to share, but I can’t upload photos to the “blogment” screen. It’s really just two weeks worth of pictures of pictures on my computer screen taken over my left shoulder as I peruse the exotic locals of the Burmese Highlands so maybe you’re not missing much. I was happy to see that you did remember my Birthday, and dedicated a whole blog post to me!! That picture however did not “get the blood flowing”. The blood hasn’t flowed in 40 years. Even if it had that picture wouldn’t have done it for me. I like the ladies or “broads” as we used to call them. Or maybe that picture was meant to represent me? It does resemble my physique, I stay in pretty good shape. How you ask? Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer. Good call on the Leo / Scorpio assessment!! You pegged me, I’m not a Pisces, but I’m not a Leo or a Scorpio either. I was born in May so I’m a Taurus. May 9th to be exact and it was on Mother’s Day. I’m also not quite 96. Hint: There are only 14 years in the 20th century that Mother’s Day was on the 9th if you want to try to narrow down how old I really might be. The March 6th birthday is not entirely untrue however. Marty, my roomie here at “The Home” thinks my birthday is in March so he insist we celebrate it at that time. Of course he also thinks he is a Moroccan prince and that the radiator in our room is a giant toaster but we love him all the same and that just means more cake and presents for me!! So anywho, as you mentioned I hadn’t blogmented in quite some time so I wanted to update everyone on what’s been going on. I appreciate your concerns and look forward to birthday post #2 in May!! Of course there is also Murray’s celebration of my Birthday in October so we should prepare for that one as well. So you see the 96 wasn’t entirely untrue either, I have actually had 96 birthdays!!!
I just realized that the topic of my previous post along with my description of my roommate Marty and my reference to our living quarters as "The Home" could quite possibly lead others to believe that I am currently being held at an insane asylum. This couldn't be further from the truth. Marty thinks he is a Moroccan prince and that our radiator is giant toaster because he has some bouts of dementia in his old age. "The Home" is what we call the retirement center were we live. Although it can seem like a nut house at times, I can assure it is not. We are never allowed to run with knives. So don't worry, my cheese is still on my cracker!!
Post a Comment