Sunday, March 30, 2008

Readers are Leaders

So, I made some goals for the year 2008 - NOT new year's resolutions, but perhaps a rose by another name. These goals include, but are not limited to:

--drink milk semi-regularly (what can I say, those mustache campaigns got me)
--lift weights
--learn more about the computer
--read ten books

I am a little behind the eight ball on this last one. I don't know why. I like to read - but two things that hamper my book reading: 1) I read the newspaper daily, and 2) I subscribe to multiple magazines. That, and with all the celebrity gossip I read - I'm sometimes 'read-out' by the end of the day. That, and I have no time left. I always read the newspaper and magazines before books so I don't fall behind in all my regular columns. Also, I have an absurd number of books because my workplace provides one of the best perks in the business - $1 brand new hardcover books. I also have a terrible habit of starting books and not finishing. I don't know what's wrong with me - when I was much younger (like 12), I could read a 200 page book a day!! Anyhow - as of right now, I have read "The Secret to the Secret" by Karen Kelly and I'm in the process of reading "Microtrends" by Mark L. Penn. On the 'to be read' roster: "Women & Money" by Suze Orman, "The Death of the Grown Up" by Diane West, "The Terror Dream" by Susan Faludi, and "Basic Black" by Cathie Black.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

[Valid Atom 1.0]