So, as most of my readers know, I work for a newspaper. I constantly hear people (usually people ten+ years older than me, but not always) making comments about how they like physical newspapers - they like holding a newspaper, etc.
Additionally, I spoke (well, wrote) in a previous post about how I am just not sure about the Amazon Kindle (and various identical products, etc.). I like the physical book. I am not sure, exactly, why, but I do. Maybe it's simply for the sake of being set in my ways, but I do know that, for sure, I am not alone in feeling this way.
So, I like the physical printed word. I know I am not alone. Maybe I am clinging to something that some say will eventually be gone, but I don't want to think this way. I don't want the actual book or paper to ever fully leave us.
In honor of my love and respect, I created an additional blog. I am not sure what to put in it, but I did snatch up the domain - www.friendsoftheprintedword.blogspot.com. I am open to suggestions/thoughts.
Let me save you some time - yes, I do realize the extreme irony of me staring a BLOG on this subject.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
An Additional Blog?
Labels:
About This Blog,
Amazon.com,
Blogs Blogs Blogs,
Books,
Kindle,
Newspapers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment