Sunday, November 21, 2010

Friends Inconsistencies....

imgres.jpg

Ok, so I was recently re-watching all the Friends Thanksgiving episodes.

On the fourth season of Friends, Phoebe mentions she needs to call her mom to ask her a left-handed cooking question.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Phoebe's mom is dead and has been the entire series.

I tried to google this issue.  No one seemed to fully address this issue.  There are some blogs out there that seem to have a problem with the inconsistency about whether or not the tv remains on consistently throughout the scene, but no one seems to address the bigger issue.  Does Phoebe mean her step-mom?  Does she have a step-mom that's still around?  Why doesn't she say 'step-mom' then?

Has ANYONE else ever caught this?  Does anyone else have a problem with this?

2 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

Perhaps she does mean step mom. I really know nothing about the personal background of Phoebe, but I have known people who have referred to step parents as their parents, simply because that's all they have ever known. It's not totally out there.
Or, the writers just made a mistake and only someone as finely tuned in as you would catch it!

Courtney said...

She means her birth mom... the one that lives in Montauk (sp?). She is 'floopy' and left handed.

It is the end of the 3rd season when they are at the beach house and she discovers that her mom isn't her birth mom and meets Phoebe Sr... and then becomes friends with her. Phoebe Sr. also brings Phoebe the dog when Frank Jr. asks her to be the surrogate later in the 4th season. Boo-yah!

[Valid Atom 1.0]