So, as the 'Carrie Bradshaw', if you will, I go out on a lot of dates. Some good. Some really, really not. A lot of my friends hear the noteworthy stories. Like the guy who told me there was a woman who kept contacting him, offering to pay him to have sex with her. I'm guessing he must have thought this made him look more appealing.
I know the single men probably have a list of grievances about things women do 'wrong' on dates.
I can tell you, confidently, that I was (at least) once 'the bad date'.
Long story short. It was a first date. He offered to take me out for tapas downtown, around 7:30ish (after work for him). Well, I got off work at 5, so instead of going home, then coming all the way back downtown, I decided to grab a drink with some coworkers. Well, my coworkers chose this Mexican restaurant with margaritas as big as one's head. Well, $12 later, I'm sure going to get my money's worth. Anyhow. Then I move along to meet my date for dinner.
Well, at the restaurant, they're running a little behind, so my date suggests we grab some sangria at the bar. At this point, I officially blame my mother for not warning me the risks of mixing alcohol on an empty stomach.
Well, then we sat down at our table and he ordered a pitcher of sangria (maybe I can blame him - he wanted a second drink? for shame). At this point, I thought I was doing ok, but then my words started to get away from me. Or run together. Or something. I was glad it was a seated dinner because standing was challenging. And the room began spinning. Well, I kind of leaned back in my chair and let him lead the conversation. I thought I'd be ok, quickly thereafter, I found myself dashing for the restroom, for the alcohol was doing what alcohol sometimes does. I got back and played it off casually, however, I then did the exact same thing twice more in the next hour, so I think he was on to me.
Anyhow. Is it bad form to get falling down drunk on a first date? Do guys typically get offended by this? Anyhow, my date and I ended up going out again, so he clearly wasn't too perturbed. I always wondered if he noticed that I was drunk and was just too polite to call me out on it, or if it somehow possibly escaped him.
Has anyone else ever been the bad date? Am I the bad date more often than I realize? Your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
1 comment:
Awesome awesome blog!
Post a Comment