Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet Valley Confidential


I just found out that recently, there was a 'ten years later' follow up release for the Sweet Valley High Series called 'Sweet Valley Confidential'.  Apparently, there were some loose ends that needed to be tied up and there was a real demand by some consumers that amends be made.  Or, there was presumed to be a market worth cashing in on (see also: Sex and the City 2).  

Anyhow.  Back when I was a young, vulnerable 12-13 year old, I loved the Sweet Valley High Series.  And the Sweet Valley Junior High.  And Sweet Valley University.  There must be somewhere around 300 books under the 'Sweet Valley' umbrella.  I can't say I read anywhere near all of them, but I did read a decent chunk.  It wasn't my core series (THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB), but it was a noteworthy division of my library.  

Anyhow.  This brings me to a question - are any teens currently reading this series?  I'm guessing not.  They probably like Harry Potter and the Twilight Series.  Kids these days, I tell you.  That brings me to my next question - does anyone actually care about the release of this new book?  I can give you a definite answer - I DO.  I don't know that I, or anyone else, for that matter, was thinking about Sweet Valley High, or demanding this release, but now that I know it's here, I will definitely be reading it (no matter how horrific it ends up being - hey, just being realistic).  

Is it too late to register for this for my birthday?  Hint hint.  Could be a good beach read for San Diego...hopefully it won't be too taxing or overly intellectual....


No comments:

[Valid Atom 1.0]