Hi all.
So as you all know, yes, I have been a bad blogger. I don't have an excuse.
Actually, I quasi-do. I started a new job. This is my first new job in four years. I left the Sun-Times just shy of my four year anniversary.
Anyhow. I know it is frowned upon to 'blog about work'. I also know that one of my coworkers was very upfront and told me he'd discovered THIS BLOG by pregoogling my name when I was going through the application process. Luckily, he said he'd discovered a post where I'd mentioned I'm the kind of person who likes to go out and occasionally have a beer, so he knew he liked me from that one.
With no further ado - a brief overview of the new job:
I really like it. It's a much smaller company from what I'm used to (only 6 people in the Chicago office!!!), but it is a very comfortable working environment. It is definitely interesting work. Nice people. Fully stocked fridge - which is a complete and totally new interesting benefit to me. I will now be eating all my meals at the office. Also - it is a very casual dress code - as in, there isn't one. I'm sure if I were to channel my inner high school self (aka queen of the dress code violations) - I'd be able to inspire some ground rules, but I'm not going to push my luck. I am so happy to wear jeans and a t-shirt daily. I always dreamed of having a job where I could make use of my entire wardrobe. It weighed on me to have to dress in red and khaki when I was the cashier at Target. See kids, keep reaching for the stars. This brings new meaning to 'dress for the job you want'. The job I want is CEO of a laid-back company - I am on the right path. Anyhow. I love it. I was sad to leave my old role, but I definitely feel good about this career opportunity.
Now that I am getting settled (and fed), I should be able to dedicate more time and energy to said blog.
So as you all know, yes, I have been a bad blogger. I don't have an excuse.
Actually, I quasi-do. I started a new job. This is my first new job in four years. I left the Sun-Times just shy of my four year anniversary.
Anyhow. I know it is frowned upon to 'blog about work'. I also know that one of my coworkers was very upfront and told me he'd discovered THIS BLOG by pregoogling my name when I was going through the application process. Luckily, he said he'd discovered a post where I'd mentioned I'm the kind of person who likes to go out and occasionally have a beer, so he knew he liked me from that one.
With no further ado - a brief overview of the new job:
I really like it. It's a much smaller company from what I'm used to (only 6 people in the Chicago office!!!), but it is a very comfortable working environment. It is definitely interesting work. Nice people. Fully stocked fridge - which is a complete and totally new interesting benefit to me. I will now be eating all my meals at the office. Also - it is a very casual dress code - as in, there isn't one. I'm sure if I were to channel my inner high school self (aka queen of the dress code violations) - I'd be able to inspire some ground rules, but I'm not going to push my luck. I am so happy to wear jeans and a t-shirt daily. I always dreamed of having a job where I could make use of my entire wardrobe. It weighed on me to have to dress in red and khaki when I was the cashier at Target. See kids, keep reaching for the stars. This brings new meaning to 'dress for the job you want'. The job I want is CEO of a laid-back company - I am on the right path. Anyhow. I love it. I was sad to leave my old role, but I definitely feel good about this career opportunity.
Now that I am getting settled (and fed), I should be able to dedicate more time and energy to said blog.
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment