So I have a group of three high school girlfriends. We are a tightknit crew. We don't get to all be in the same place at the same time very often. It is complicated as adults.
Once in a while, it will so happen that the three of them will get together without me for whatever reason. It mostly ends up that I am invited but cannot make it. Said incident is happening right now.
Whenever this happens, I always say the exact same thing to them:
Please don't talk about me too much.
It is a half-joking sentiment - A) because I know, if anything, this has encouraged the opposite and 2) because I know there really is no way to stop it.
I don't think this group of friends is particularly gossipy, especially not in comparison to other girl groups I have experienced in life. I feel all women are like this. And, truth be told, as much as I don't like to think I'm being gossiped about, it really has little to no impact on my life. That, and let's be honest, I am not interesting enough to be gossiped about. I hope to one day be exciting enough to be featured on perez hilton. Even if if it's in a bad light. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
Anyhow. I digress. Does anyone else feel the same way at times? Does anyone else ask her girlfriends, or anyone in general, not to talk about her? Does anyone know of a group of girls that doesn't occasionally gossip about whoever is not there? Can they possibly be any fun at all?! Do any women not gossip? Your thoughts?
Once in a while, it will so happen that the three of them will get together without me for whatever reason. It mostly ends up that I am invited but cannot make it. Said incident is happening right now.
Whenever this happens, I always say the exact same thing to them:
Please don't talk about me too much.
It is a half-joking sentiment - A) because I know, if anything, this has encouraged the opposite and 2) because I know there really is no way to stop it.
I don't think this group of friends is particularly gossipy, especially not in comparison to other girl groups I have experienced in life. I feel all women are like this. And, truth be told, as much as I don't like to think I'm being gossiped about, it really has little to no impact on my life. That, and let's be honest, I am not interesting enough to be gossiped about. I hope to one day be exciting enough to be featured on perez hilton. Even if if it's in a bad light. There's no such thing as bad publicity.
Anyhow. I digress. Does anyone else feel the same way at times? Does anyone else ask her girlfriends, or anyone in general, not to talk about her? Does anyone know of a group of girls that doesn't occasionally gossip about whoever is not there? Can they possibly be any fun at all?! Do any women not gossip? Your thoughts?
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
2 comments:
Don't worry. We didn't talk about you too much.
Really, we didn't... only the good stuff :) It is hard to catch up with you when you aren't there, so then someone else has to fill us in!
Post a Comment