Monday, December 12, 2011

New Year's Resolution Recap

Well, it's that time.  The year is almost over.  There were several new year's resolutions at the beginning.  I am proud to report success on several counts.  I knew it was time to make a step in a new direction for my career - I am proud to say I did.  I also had a goal to travel more - I took three trips to three new locations this year.  That might not be all that much to someone else, but it was a lot for me - or, at the very least, 'more'.  I can honestly say I succeeded at keeping two new year's resolutions.  Two, at the very least, mid-size, new year's resolutions.  I don't know how many can say that.  I am proud.

Now, sigh, onto the other side....  There were, most definitely, a couple New Year's resolutions I did not succeed at keeping.  Whop whop.  I won't get into them - some are rather personal - but I know they will not be happening in 2011.   One of said resolutions was to be a better blogger.  Dear readers - I do not need to tell you about how I failed at this.  I kept trying to pick back up every month, but needless to say, I never picked the pace back up.  It could be a lot of factors - busyness, the difficulty of finding new material after four years, etc.   This is all true, however - let me say there have been a lot of things on my mind that I've wanted to say, but this blog would not be the appropriate forum for it.  I think those words clouded my mind and prevented other topics from coming to mind.  It might sound stupid, but I am confident it's true.  I will try to do a better job of working past this in the future.  I am curious if other bloggers sometimes have similar problems.

Anyhow.  How did my readers do on their resolutions?  Any big successes?  Any big failures?  Anyone throw in the towel early?  Anyone throw in the towel just recently?

No comments:

[Valid Atom 1.0]