So this past Thanksgiving, I was out on the Wednesday night beforehand ("Black Wednesday"). I met my good friend Ellen, who was with a bunch of her friends from kickball. There was one guy I noticed right away - he was cute and we seemed to catch each other's eye. We started chit chatting - it seemed, to me, like we were hitting it off and that he had a lot going for him.
Anyhow, as the night proceeds (granted, we were in a small bar where our group of 12-ish people made up maybe 35% of the population), I see him talking to another girl as well. Ellen mentions that he also knows this girl from kickball. Long story short, they are also talking closely and I even see him kiss her. Ok, I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed, but really no big deal. I continue to hang with Ellen and chat with people.
So, it reaches the point that I am tired and ready to go home (and try to sober up so I won't be hungover during the turkey carving). I make my rounds and say goodbye to the people I've met. This dude rushes over to me. He starts making excuses and apologizing - 'she meant nothing to me, I don't know why I kissed her'. Ok - first off, he and I had only been having casual chit chat - so what would he have to apologize for, in theory - I, am, in theory, nothing more than a random person to him at this point. Second off - do these words run out his mouth very regularly? I remember a time when an acquaintance sent me a text saying 'sorry for my behavior last weekend, I was really drunk', people who mutually know this personal all voted that this is a regular quick text for him. Is it a bad sign that a guy is already apologizing to me before we've even gone out? Is he worth going out with? (Sarcastic question.) Is this what one should expect from a dude at a bar? Your thoughts?
Anyhow, as the night proceeds (granted, we were in a small bar where our group of 12-ish people made up maybe 35% of the population), I see him talking to another girl as well. Ellen mentions that he also knows this girl from kickball. Long story short, they are also talking closely and I even see him kiss her. Ok, I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed, but really no big deal. I continue to hang with Ellen and chat with people.
So, it reaches the point that I am tired and ready to go home (and try to sober up so I won't be hungover during the turkey carving). I make my rounds and say goodbye to the people I've met. This dude rushes over to me. He starts making excuses and apologizing - 'she meant nothing to me, I don't know why I kissed her'. Ok - first off, he and I had only been having casual chit chat - so what would he have to apologize for, in theory - I, am, in theory, nothing more than a random person to him at this point. Second off - do these words run out his mouth very regularly? I remember a time when an acquaintance sent me a text saying 'sorry for my behavior last weekend, I was really drunk', people who mutually know this personal all voted that this is a regular quick text for him. Is it a bad sign that a guy is already apologizing to me before we've even gone out? Is he worth going out with? (Sarcastic question.) Is this what one should expect from a dude at a bar? Your thoughts?
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
6 comments:
If you want a drama queen and a boozehound, by all means go out with him. No really, are you crazy?? Women ignore all the signs. Could you imagine this man being your husband?? No?
Then pass.
He is a LIER and a CHEAT. STOP DO NOT PASS GO! or you will be sorry later.
LOL. I am not planning on going out with him. :-)
Additional sidenote - doesn't it suck when you meet someone, feel excited that you've hit it off, then realize the person is a shady shit? Better to find it out sooner than later, but still, disappointing.
Yes it sucks. Its called vetting. I sure do wish that more females would vet men. Listen to what they say watch what they do. I get approached a great deal...by boozehounds and married, men, lol.
Last night a married man was chatting me up like crazy. I noted his ring -where is your husband (I live in San Francisco) he said-wife! WHY are you flirting with me, I asked...said he My WIFE told me to come over here to talk to you....what the hell!
Boozehounds are men who just can't stop drinking. I noted it last night. Liquid courage...I REFUSE to even CONSIDER a man who can't stop drinking during the course of an evening!
It is his birthday today hahahah Boys. I just don't know what to do.
Post a Comment