So a while back, I wrote this post. A cliff notes version: I a(n) (unbeknownst to me at the time) creepy guy online. He winked, I winked back, he emailed. I signed on, read the email, then figured I'd write him back the next day. He then sent me a nasty email for not responding to him email right away.
Anyhow. I think I might have also mentioned that I kept seeing him on the site, but under a different name. I wondered if he had multiple accounts going. Or, more realistically, if he kept getting reported for a concern, then creating a new account.
Well, it has happened. His picture, under a new name (for those unfamiliar with how this online dating world works - one cannot change his/her name once it's been created, a whole new account needs to be created) has 'winked' at me. Does he not recognize me? (Not that I think I'm that memorable, but he sure was upset at my actions.) Is he going for some kind of reaction? Is he simply there to harass people? Am I reading too much into it and he just has no idea he's spoken to me before - he's just 'innocently' expressing interest?
Anyhow. All I have to say is online dating has been an adventure. I'm glad I've gained so many stories over the years.
Anyhow. I think I might have also mentioned that I kept seeing him on the site, but under a different name. I wondered if he had multiple accounts going. Or, more realistically, if he kept getting reported for a concern, then creating a new account.
Well, it has happened. His picture, under a new name (for those unfamiliar with how this online dating world works - one cannot change his/her name once it's been created, a whole new account needs to be created) has 'winked' at me. Does he not recognize me? (Not that I think I'm that memorable, but he sure was upset at my actions.) Is he going for some kind of reaction? Is he simply there to harass people? Am I reading too much into it and he just has no idea he's spoken to me before - he's just 'innocently' expressing interest?
Anyhow. All I have to say is online dating has been an adventure. I'm glad I've gained so many stories over the years.
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
5 comments:
I agree with you. Online dating is fun and quiet challenging. We can't deny the fact that there are online scammers out there who will only harsh people. I guess the one who contact you is one of the scammers.
Hence, though it is fun still you have to be careful. Think you safety first.
I have been gaining a lot of usable and exemplifying stuff in your website.
Ashley Bennett
For me this is very alarming.I've been into different dating site's online and thank god i didn't experienced what you had experienced. I think we need to be wise and careful, don't give your trust easily. Know the person first or most importantly the dating site which you have your membership. be careful their online predators are everywhere.
I'm sorry to hear that. As an online member to different dating sites I haven't experience that one because I am a very observant person and I don't give my trust easily specially if I just met them in the online dating world. It is not necessary to trust someone easily because of the harm may bring to you. You should be wise enough so that you will not become a victim of the scammers out there.
Online dating is fun, finding new people. exploring, adventure, feelings, so many things.
Lovin it.
Post a Comment