Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Cards


So, I got my first (and probably last :-( ) Christmas card (thanks to non blog reader Laura).

My family never did Christmas cards when I was younger, so, be it a cause of nature or nurture, I haven't either. However, I do love receiving them. Maybe I'm putting out bad card karma by not sending them out. I'm a taker but not a giver.

Anyhow. I particularly enjoy the cards that are family photos. However, what would I do for an X-mas card? (Cue for the old school Encore commercials.) A picture of me with my shoe collection? My nail polishes? Oh, I know - how about my wine glasses and wine bottles! Now THAT screams Christmas spirit!

Actually, upon further review, I have decided the best Christmas card would probably a picture of me and this blog. However, since that's not so exciting, please consider this post my Christmas card to all of you, my friends and blog readers.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

We never did Christmas cards? I always sent out at least 5.

That's Not My Name said...

Haha hilarious.
Mine would be even cooler-me with my 2 cats. I will never do this, however, as I don't wish to be known as "the person who is so lame that they pose with their 2 cats." Or "the crazy cat lady." My mom is a big fan of Christmas cards-she sends out at least 30 every year, complete with a personalized note. I don't think I have enough friends to do such a thing.

Courtney said...

Don't worry - you will be getting one more... just like every other year :) Last year I tried to get all recycled/organic soy dyes, etc... but it turned out to be too expensive, so this year it is back to the cute frilly ones.

[Valid Atom 1.0]