
So, as you may or may not know, this year, for the first time in my life, I got a real Christmas tree. It has been lovely and spectacular!
So now that the Christmas season is over, it would seem appropriate to, sooner or later, take said tree down (along with the rest of the X-Mas decorations). However, there's a small issue.
It's still alive.
I am NOT a cold-hearted killer. THAT, and this tree has become part of the family...err...part of the apartment. I can't just put it on the side of the road in the cold weather with no water. How could someone do that? Has he/she no heart?!?!
So, I've made a decision. I will take the ornaments off. I will take down all the other decorations in my apartment. But the tree will stay until the end of its natural life. It will be a festive, decorative, seasonal 'neighborhood' tree, if you will. My neighbor across the way left his Christmas present-shaped lights up all year 'round. This is acceptable for my apartment building. And, my former roommate used to like to leave the decorations up until Valentine's Day - I already have experience in celebrating the holiday for an extended period of time. Yes. This SHALL work.
Anyone else feel the way I do about live trees? I'd say I'm definitely getting another live tree next year, but hey, maybe I will still have this one!!
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
1 comment:
There are tree recycling centers in the city - they make things out of them instead of just taking them to the dump. You could always try one of those. Google search for one!
Then - for the future, come up with a recycling activity you can do with your tree for years to come (like make a table with legs made from your past x-mas trees or whatever)... then you have a reason for chopping one down in the first place, and won't feel so guilty for taking him down.
Post a Comment