Friday, May 14, 2010

Belly Button Ring

I have been so preoccupied lately that I completely and totally forgot that the anniversary of my belly button piercing passed.

I have now had said piercing since freshman year of college - I got it around October-ish.  It was one of the first things I did as a college freshman.

Anyhow.  At the time, I was super-excited about it.  Now, don't get me wrong, I still love it, but I have been thinking....  I, like most 20 somethings, do not walk around in belly-baring clothes.  In fact, I think the last time I wore a belly-baring shirt, I was 13 (pre-piercing).  So, the only time anyone sees this bad boy is 1) if I'm wearing a bathing suit or b) well, you get this gist....

That brings me to my next question - is there a point to it, then?  Granted, I don't plan on taking it out, and I don't think it would even heal at this point, but again, is there a point?  Does this go with all unseen piercings/tattoos?   Your thoughts?

1 comment:

That's Not My Name said...

If you like it, then there doesn't have to be a point! I knew a guy once that thought belly button piercings were sexy, if that helps. My sister in law had her belly button pierced-she took it out when she got pregnant and has not had it in since. And thus concludes my scattered thoughts on this topic.

[Valid Atom 1.0]