Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hello, Old Friend....


So, in the very near future, I'm going to need to be using a 'number 2 pencil' (no mechanical pencils allowed!!).

Does anyone, students aside, use these?  That being said, do students use them for anything but tests?  Pencils were once a staple of everyone's school supplies (and probably, once, work supplies) - is the pencil getting phased out?

All I know is this - when I read 'must have number 2 pencil (no mechanical pencils allowed)' I did a double-take.  And, I had to go out and buy said pencils.  And a sharper.  And, I don't anticipate having to use them again any time soon.

Hmm.  Your thoughts?  Any pencil enthusiasts out there?  Any pencil loyalists?  Will it one day be gone?  Will people miss it?

5 comments:

Matt said...

Thoughts on the LSAT:

Get an internship at a law firm for a year before you decide to take out $80,000 in loans for a $50,000 a year salary.

That's Not My Name said...

I thought you were asking opinions about number 2 pencils, not on the merits of taking the LSAT in order to go to law school. Last time I checked, taking the LSAT does not mean that you are automatically saddled with thousands of dollars in loans.
I also know that internships are few and far between. I believe the paid internship is now a myth.


Anyway, back on topic: I don't use pencils. I am not sure if they will go away completely. I actually prefer mechanical pencils to the sharpened kind. I used mechanical pencils starting in 7th grade and never looked back!

Courtney said...

In the library, pencils are a hot commodity (as is to be expected with small children running around), but the thing I find most fascinating is that I have several coworkers who prefer to use no. 2 pencils (not mechanical, no pens) as their writing utensil. YIKES! I prefer the Bic round stick blue ink pencils (the ones that are white with a blue pen cap). Oooh yeah!

Courtney said...

Also, as my uncle (who is a lawyer and is married to a lawyer) says - education is never a bad investment. It is an investment in yourself. This is especially true when you know yourself well enough to know that you work hard. If you are a slacker, then yeah - investing in yourself might not be a good idea, but I am 100% confident you could safely invest in yourself.

It is all up to what YOU want to do.

love you and good luck!

Unknown said...

i love pencils!

and good luck!

[Valid Atom 1.0]