Ok, so as we all know - it seems to be the (temporary) end of the Oprah Winfrey Show. I have had some mixed feelings on this woman over the past couple years. I've felt the ego has, in a way, grown out of control and I also feel that she's made some questionable endorsements over the years (cough, The Secret, cough) that some people have blindly followed. That, and, well, the whole tangent of the fact that some people just blindly follow and do (or buy) anything she tells them to because, well, she's Oprah (the book club, the favorite things, etc etc.).
Anyhow. Now, I do believe Oprah is good at heart, but as I said, sometimes she's a bit much. However, I was thinking the other day - would it be possible to be Oprah Winfrey - to have Oprah's celebrity status, to have so many people worshiping oneself, to have so many blindly following one's suggestions - is it possible to have less of an ego than our dear Oprah does? Would it be possible to be grounded? Is Oprah relatively down-to-earth, given the circumstances?

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
2 comments:
I think Oprah is as grounded as possible given the facts you state. There will always be those people that criticize her, but she has done way more good than bad. She has made people aware of issues they were clueless on, e.g. puppy mills. She's a doglover, what else is there to say?
Post a Comment