I love seeing all my friends, and I especially love the fact that they made the time to come out and celebrate my birthday with me. I know some of my friends who lead busy lives (and that busyness does not involve hitting up the bar scene) have commented that they like having a reason to have a night out on the town.
However, there are a couple caveats:
1) I have several different groups of friends (work friends, chicago friends, high school friends, college friends, etc.). I'm not trying to sound popular, I swear. But, the issue at hand is moreso that I need to make sure everyone has someone to talk to or is seated by someone he or she knows. What if only one person shows up from one group of friends, and I'm way at the other end of the table? Is he or she not going to have anyone to talk to? The night is going to suck for him/her if that's the case! Stressful.
2) I need to make a point of making sure I make the rounds and talk to everyone. These people made a point to come out and see me for my birthday. However, this can be difficult and stressful - weaving in and out of conversations at the right time, splitting time evenly with people, etc. Stressful!
3) Aside from all this, there's the whole 'picking a place that's easy for people to get to/not too expensive/still nice', making sure to invite everyone, making sure no one is accidentally not invited/consequently offended, yadda yadda yadda....
Anyhow - on one hand, a small part of me feels a little bit silly throwing myself a birthday party as an adult. However, another part of me doesn't care because it's fun for me, and I know most of my friends have said that they like having an excuse to get out and that they have fun at my birthday celebration (so pssshhh to any judgers). It seems as though, these days, one needs an excuse to get out and party.
So what should I do this year? Should I plan a dinner/night at a bar like I have the past? I've thought it would be easier/less stressful to have people over and make some appetizers, but my little chicago apartment is very small. What is the best plan for my birthday this year? Your thoughts? Dear readers - anyone who plans on coming out to celebrate - what do you want to do? What's a good/lowkey/inexpensive/low pressure/fun plan?!

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment