So, for various reasons, over the past couple weeks, I've ended up at several 'improv comedy' events. I like improv, however, I have two issues with it:
1) It's become a little too prevalent that it's lost its novelty.
2) I feel anxiety for the actors. I imagine they are feeling anxiety. I could be completely wrong. But I know if I were in their shoes, I'd feel anxiety. The pressure to be funny. In front of a live studio audience. Who could potentially be mean and boo. Or could potentially feel sorry for me and laugh and clap patronizingly. I am really not sure which would be worse to someone trying to make it in comedic acting. I actually think it might be the latter.
Anyhow. Does anyone else feel this way about improv comedy? I still like it, in spite of those issues. What are your feelings on improv? Does everyone else accidentally type improve every freakin' time? Your thoughts?
1) It's become a little too prevalent that it's lost its novelty.
2) I feel anxiety for the actors. I imagine they are feeling anxiety. I could be completely wrong. But I know if I were in their shoes, I'd feel anxiety. The pressure to be funny. In front of a live studio audience. Who could potentially be mean and boo. Or could potentially feel sorry for me and laugh and clap patronizingly. I am really not sure which would be worse to someone trying to make it in comedic acting. I actually think it might be the latter.
Anyhow. Does anyone else feel this way about improv comedy? I still like it, in spite of those issues. What are your feelings on improv? Does everyone else accidentally type improve every freakin' time? Your thoughts?
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment