Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Modern-Day Relationship Problem?

So, as most of my readers know, I briefly tried eharmony.  I thought it was a decent site, but nothing to write home about it.  I didn't get too much out of it, other than some drinks and a couple blog posts.

Anyhow.  I am still subscribed to their emails for some reason.  They mostly address dating dilemmas - such as 'top ten can't stands for men'.  A couple of them annoy me a little (because I almost feel like they are advising women on how to 'behave' in order to 'land a man' if you will), but most of them really just crack me up.

The other day, I saw one that really got me.

"You're In Love, But He's Still On A Dating Site"

LOL.  Well, I guess you can file this under a 'modern day relationship problem'.  I am not sure the protocol for dating someone and initiating the 'get off the website' conversation.  I guess that has to be a little awkward.  And, well, doesn't one party still need to be a member or said site to log in and see the other person is still a part of the site?  How does one know the other is still on the site without being guilty of the same offense!  (Cue for Jimmy Buffett's 'if you like pina coladas'?).

Does anyone have any insight for these peeps?  How does one deal with the dilemma 'you're in love, but he's still on a dating site'?  

No comments:

[Valid Atom 1.0]