Saturday, July 19, 2008

Did Anyone Happen to Notice?

....lately, at fast food restaurants, if you ask for a cup of water (instead of shelling out $2 for a pop, or $3 for bottled water), they give you the SMALLEST cup you've ever seen?  Some restaurants will give you a standard size plastic cup, sure, but a lot have taken to the dixie cup with a lid.  Where do they find these tiny lids?  They have to be specially made. 

So, at said restaurants, one now has three choices - 1) constantly getting up for a refill mid-meal (kind of annoying), 2) splurging on buying a beverage (which have a HUGE profit margin for the company), or 3) really rationing one's sips.  

I think next time I'm offered a dollhouse sized cup of water, I'm going to ask for a spare five.  If all the other water drinkers do this, it'll increase companies' costs and perhaps encourage them to shy away from said ridiculous new practice.  Who's with me?!


2 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

I haven't noticed that. Maybe it's just you city folk that are getting shafted in regards to water. Most places I know do tend to give out smaller cups, but they're still the 8 oz size, and I haven't really noticed a big change. I'm a huge water drinker, so I guess I'm lucky that I don't frequent those places! haha

Jaime said...

Ana - so glad you're back!

[Valid Atom 1.0]