Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jealousy....



So a friend of mine, Kat, recently got engaged to her long-term boyfriend Brian. Yay! Congrats Kat and Brian!

My good friend and Kat's best friend, Emily, is going to be the maid of honor in said wedding.

I am SO JEALOUS. I have never been maid of honor or even a bridesmaid yet! I have had a handful of friends get married - none of them close enough where I thought I might have been in the wedding party running. Maybe I need to better kiss-ass with my friends who are in serious relationships. Or maybe I should start putting pressure on the significant others of my close friends. Hmm. Anyhow. I think I am more eager about one day being a bridesmaid than one day being a bride.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I could show you a few 'tricks'... I apparently kiss-ass better than anyone I know (or people think that they can boss me around and I will never get mad, so they pick me). I have been in six weddings - I have been maid of honor, and will be again - and I can tell you... it sucks. Don't wish to be 'the slave'; don't wish to have to pay ungodly amounts of money for dresses and shoes you will never wear again (although you might, haha). I totaled up the amount of money I have spent on the weddings I have been in since college - $5438. I could be paying off my car with that.

Courtney said...

Not to say it isn't an honor... I loved being in every one of the weddings.

That's Not My Name said...

I expect you to be kissing my ass pretty soon....hehehe. Maybe you can put some pressure!
I don't expect to have a very traditional wedding, by the way. Sometimes I think I just want to elope, but I don't think you'd appreciate that. :-P
I have yet to be a maid of honor either, so I'm still counting on you!

Jaime said...

Courtney - I love that you calculated it out to the $8. I also love that little afterthought there....

Piper - I'm cool with a destination wedding. I'm there for you. :)

[Valid Atom 1.0]