Monday, May 18, 2009

Anyone Remember?



So my near and dear friend Piper brought up an interesting point. CD clubs. Anyone remember them? You know - those places where you could buy 13 CDs for one penny, then each subsequent CD was $18 (whereas at the time on could easily get a CD for $12 at Best Buy). However, a lot of people had timed it where they'd buy one CD then quit. I think some people found some way to scam the system. Although I assume there was something in the fine print that didn't allow for this. I'm not sure. I do believe some of my friends were in CD clubs, but I'm not sure how they made things work.

Anyhow. Do CD clubs still exist? I imagine i-tunes and the downloading of music drove them out of business. Was anyone here in a CD club? Was it worthwhile, financially speaking? Was it a good deal? Was there a good way to scam the system? Please, do share.

3 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

Well, as I mentioned in my comment, my brother and I begged our parents to let us do the 8 CDs for the price of 1 deal or whatever it was called. For some reason, we never went to Best Buy...I honestly don't even remember there being a Best Buy nearby till I was older. Anyway, my brother and I picked a bunch of CDs. I remember Jagged Little Pill and The Sign. It was super exciting when the cds arrived. After that, we realized that the program wasn't really that good of a deal. I don't remember how we got out of it.
A few years later, when I was in hs, I signed up for one on my own. I got a Moody Blues cd, a Paul McCartney solo album, an Elton John CD, and some other random classic rock cds. None of them were very good. In fact, I was totally off on what I ordered. I ended up having to buy 5 more cds to fulfill the contract. One of those CDs was Rob Zombie. My parents found out that I had it, and took it away because it was "trash."
So anyway, I was a bit of an idiot. I haven't done one of those programs since. I do believe they're still around, but I have no idea who actually signs up for them. Total ripoff!

逆円助 said...

さあ、今夏も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか?当サイトは円助交際の逆、つまり女性が男性を円助する『逆円助交際』を提供します。逆円交際を未経験の方でも気軽に遊べる大人のマッチングシステムです。年齢上限・容姿・経験一切問いません。男性の方は無料で登録して頂けます。貴方も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか

精神年齢 said...

みんなの精神年齢を測定できる、メンタル年齢チェッカーで秘められた年齢がズバリわかっちゃう!かわいいあの子も実は精神年齢オバサンということも…合コンや話のネタに一度チャレンジしてみよう

[Valid Atom 1.0]