
I don't know why I'm feeling so philosophical lately....
So, in theory, we're supposed to live life without regrets. Is this possible?
For me personally, I definitely have a couple things I would have done differently - as we all do. However, I do have a couple regrets. Not things I said or did, or didn't say or didn't do - but rather, how I reacted to certain situations. I regret letting some things bother me as much as I did. I regret carrying anger over certain situations for so long. I regret letting certain experiences get the better of me. Letting the terrorists win, if you will.
Is it possible to live without regrets? Everyone seems to say we should, as a sentiment, but is it even possible? I think regrets are a sign that someone cared. Is it possible to not have regrets and have still cared?
I honestly dunno where these posts are coming from....but your thoughts are appreciated.
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
2 comments:
Easier said than done.
Ooh good point-is it possible to not have regrets and still care. I don't think it is. I always think that hate and love go together. Both require caring. The opposite of Hate is not love, but indifference. I realized that after I ended my last relationship. I was so angry for a long time. I hated that person with the fire of a thousand suns. It caused me anxiety and sadness. Then one day I realized that I did not care at all. It was like I was liberated from the stress, the drama, the depression.
You might say that dating him was my biggest regret. But if you believe that everything happens for a reason, then there is no room for regret. In this case, with the benefit of hindsight, I don't really regret it-I learned a lot, both good and bad. It just wasn't meant to be.
I'm probably contradicting myself, but whatever, I'm a contradictory person! :-)
Post a Comment