Ok - so, needless to say, I have a little bit of 'blogger's block'. I spoke to a good friend via email, who said I should join a dating website just for the sake of blogging material.
I think she might be onto something.
Do my readers enjoy reading about my thoughts on dating/relationships, etc.? What are one's thoughts on dating networks? Paid vs. not paid? I personally would opt toward the latter for obvious reasons, however, I heard there are more likely to be psychos/random dudes trolling for flings on the the free ones - the guys who are willing to pay for dating networks are more likely to actually be looking for a possible relationship. I know there are quite a few out there - match.com, eharmony.com, plentyoffish.com, okcupid.com, chemistry.com, etc (.com?).
Your thoughts? Is one dating network better than the rest? Would going out with a lot of random dudes provide for some good blogging material?
Editor's sidenote: Throughout the past couple years, as a single gal living in the city, I have gone out on quite a few 'first dates' with random guys I've met various places that ended up, for one reason or another, not materializing into anything. Based on the time that has gone by, my not being good with faces, and, in some cases, the night being rather unmemorable (for better or for worse) in the first place, my biggest fear (ok, not really) is that I'll randomly run into one of said men on the el or at a bar, and he'll be like 'Jaime?', and I'll be thinking 'where do I know you from now?', and he will form an unflattering opinion of me for that reason. Anyhow.
This reminds me of a random story I feel compelled to tell for whatever reason. There was a guy I exchanged numbers with in a bar about a year ago. He called me, we had a brief chat, he suggested we meet for dinner. I said it sounded good, we made plans to speak again soon to finalize plans. As we were ending the call, he said 'oh, wait, one more thing' (it sounded important!). 'What's up?' 'You mentioned at the bar, you have a blog (Editor's thought: you remember this?) - can I get the address for it? I'd like to read a bit before we get together' (I didn't want to give it away for obvious reasons, such as posts similar to this one being in existence.) 'Uh, uh....you know, I'm not sure I'm ready for this. Let's see how dinner goes, then maybe....' Well, I can tell you at that moment I could sense he was totally weirded out (as was I!!), the date didn't go so hot and I never gave him my blog address - but I secretly fear he somehow found it and might, in secret, read it at times. And now he's reading this post about him. Hmm. Anyhow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
3 comments:
Posts about Dating, Relations and Marriages always interest me. Why? - Well, Life & People are so mystical and would love to learn its nuances every day :)
Can you spot the Psycho? Take the free psycho quiz below to check it out;
Click Here to Take The Psychos Quiz
Dating Psychos is a place to post what you know about your ex psychos
Click Here to Add and Check Out the Psychos
Pat
http://www.datingpsychos.com
Jaime - it's called dating for the sake of social anthropology and trust me, it will provide endless blogging material.
Post a Comment