Monday, September 12, 2011

Are Men @ssholes?

According to glamour magazine, roughly 16% of men are assholes (their words).

Even though the whole article doesn't seem all that scientific, I could see this being accurate.

Here's the signs that a guy may be an asshole:
1)  He only wants sex
2)  He's a chronic drunk dialer
3)  He texts and bails
4)  You're always making excuses for him
5)  He makes you feel like crap

Now, in the spirit of protecting the guilty, I can think of at least one person's boyfriend who has an, ahem, perfect score on this.  I think #4 is especially true.  If one has to tell others that her guy is not all that bad, that pretty much says it all.  I can think of a couple friends, even, who might complain about their guys about little things and, ultimately, I think their guys are better than they get credit for.  However, whenever a friend goes out of her way to point out that her boyfriend is wonderful, I know that's the first immediate red flag.  I never trust anyone who goes out of her way to point out how spectacular her boyfriend/relationship is or how incredibly happy she is.  Generally speaking, I think people who are nitpicking and complaining about little petty things are oftentimes in the ones sitting in the most enviable positions (both in relationships and in life) .  Tanget.  Anyhow.

Agree or disagree with this list?  Agree or disagree with this percentage of less than favorable men?  Anyone feel she's met all 16% of them?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with your comments on the red flag people. If you have to try and convince people how happy you are or how great your relationship is, then something is usually wrong. Like you said, the ones who are "sweating the small stuff" are better off because they don't have big stuff to worry about.

[Valid Atom 1.0]