So, as I touched on earlier - one of the biggest challenges of being a blogger is coming up with material on a regular basis and consistently posting. Most blogs don't last more than 6 months to a year.
I am not one to not own up to something. This blog has suffered lately - partially out of my busyness (not an acceptable excuse), partially out of a lack of material (again, a good writer will tell you there's no such thing as writer's block - just work through it). I have noticed my blog has suffered in other respects - complaints from regular readers and fewer comments, to name a few. I am not happy about this.
Anyhow. I remember in 6th grade, there was a poster in my homeroom: Don't make excuses, make improvements.
Since this has been a somewhat consistent problem, I have decided to put forth more effort to fixing it. I am going to try to make more physical notes on things in life that are worthy of a blog post. And, more importantly - I have put blogging on my calendar. I am carving out several times a week dedicated to addressing this blog. Blogging used to be something I did for fun - I remember times I was rushing home because I had such a great post idea in mind. Now I am working it into my schedule, homework-style. I feel like I am part of a married couple that has scheduled sex. Dear married readers - believe you me, I will not judge you right now.
Do any of my fellow bloggers have similar problems? How have you gone about combatting them? Your thoughts?
Get ready for a better, more improved blog. I'll be back, stronger than before.

![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
1 comment:
Just began my fourth blog. Finding time has always been my biggest issue, not material. I also know that I have to write in the moment, as thoughts tend to fade as the day goes on. I know how you feel, but I hope you continue
Post a Comment