Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Book, Its Cover....

I got matched up with someone I know in real life on a dating website.

I'll keep it brief.  I don't know him very well, therefore there is definitely room for a margin of error.  He and I went to college together, we have a couple mutual friends but don't know each other personally.

From what I do know, I don't have the highest opinion of his ability to treat others with respect, act maturely, use good judgment, or be kind to girls he dates.

I must say - from his profile....  Never married, no kids, definitely wants kids.  Good education (duh, he went to college with me).  Lucrative career he is passionate about.   Good looking enough.  Feels grateful for his friends and family.  Likes to do volunteer work in his spare time (ok, he laid it on a little thick with this one).   Likes to travel and read.  In other words - he looks like a TOTAL CATCH.

Not that I didn't realize this could happen.  Not that this deception can't happen in real life encounters.  However,  I view it as a friendly reminder - when it comes to online dating, ladies, proceed with caution and don't get too wrapped up in the perfect profile....

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Do you remember when I got matched on e-harmony with the guy who lived across the balcony from Jeannine? Didn't you end up going on a date with him? The blonder one.

Also - perhaps you could give him a chance. Most guys are slightly more mature now than they were in college... college boys are idiots. Maybe he is just finally looking to settle down :).

Jeannine said...

We all know I have the worst memory ever... So my next comment is to be expected - Who?? From lincoln park? One of the Matts?

[Valid Atom 1.0]