So, as my (now few) loyal readers might have noticed, this blog is struggling. Or perhaps, this blogger is struggling. There has not been much posting lately. This problem has been a bit consistent over time.
I'd like to blame life having gotten busy (which is true), but a) I have always been somewhat busy and b) we always cover our priorities.
Another issue that comes to mind is that I've been struggling to find material. Some topics I used to write about I've lost interest in (politics), others I feel I've exhausted (dating).
It's not that this blog isn't a priority to me, and it's not that I don't care about it any more. The best thing I can say to explain this situation is it's as if my blog and I are an old married couple that have hit a rough patch. I still love my blog. I still want it to continue. But for some reason, the feeling I once had for it - the excitement - seems to be lost.
I would like to continue my relationship with my blog. I hope to get it back. An honest question, other bloggers - have you struggled in such a way? What did you do to combat it? Did you abandon ship/blogging? I am not sure the average shelf-life of a blog, but I know it is probably shorter than this blog has lasted. Did you come back from a rough patch? Your thoughts?
I'd like to blame life having gotten busy (which is true), but a) I have always been somewhat busy and b) we always cover our priorities.
Another issue that comes to mind is that I've been struggling to find material. Some topics I used to write about I've lost interest in (politics), others I feel I've exhausted (dating).
It's not that this blog isn't a priority to me, and it's not that I don't care about it any more. The best thing I can say to explain this situation is it's as if my blog and I are an old married couple that have hit a rough patch. I still love my blog. I still want it to continue. But for some reason, the feeling I once had for it - the excitement - seems to be lost.
I would like to continue my relationship with my blog. I hope to get it back. An honest question, other bloggers - have you struggled in such a way? What did you do to combat it? Did you abandon ship/blogging? I am not sure the average shelf-life of a blog, but I know it is probably shorter than this blog has lasted. Did you come back from a rough patch? Your thoughts?
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
1 comment:
let it put its arms around you and kiss your neck... that always worked for me :)
Post a Comment