Monday, September 1, 2008

I am TOO Predictable

So my good friend and loyal blog reader Ana commented in a previous post that I must have some thoughts on John McCain picking a female running mate.  

I think this is an insult to women's intelligence everywhere.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belittle Sarah Palin's qualifications and accomplishments - I am sure she rightly belonged on the short list.  However, I am also 100% positive the ultimate deciding factor that put her in the spot over Romney, Jindal, Pawlenty, etc., was anatomical.

It's not this alone - it's all of John McCain's camp's cheap attempts to swoop up Hillary's supporters.  Although some would say this is politics as usual, sometimes it's so blatant it becomes laughable.  A couple weeks ago, Carly Fiorina from the McCain camp made some comment about the how they (especially Mr. McCain) were offended by Hillary Clinton not being shown 'the amount of respect she deserved' during the primary campaign.  

The REPUBLICANS were concerned about making sure Hillary Clinton was shown enough respect?  These words would have frozen hell over five months ago.  If Hillary had pulled off a last minute miracle and was the nominee at the moment, would John McCain's camp be singing the same tune?  I think he'd be changing his stance on waterboarding, while recommending her to be the first experimental subject.  If the McCain campaign has so much respect for Hillary Clinton, why didn't he pick her for the vp then?  

Now, it's not that McCain's pandering - all politicians, including my girl herself, pander.  I've seen Barack Obama speak at a college campus once in person and multiple times on television - let me tell you, one would think the biggest crisis in our nation is the interest rate on student loans (No, I will NOT be nice to him). 

It's not that John McCain has made a very transparent, calculated political move.   It's that he thinks we, the people who have vaginas, will fall for it because we are all that easy to please and distract.  Nevermind the fact that he's made it clear he wants to take away our reproductive rights, that he's voted for health insurance companies to cover viagra but not birth control, or that he's voted against equal pay for equal work.  

John McCain is a real champion of feminism and women's rights!?!?  I think not.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel insulted by this palin business. being female does not automatically indicate feminism. what's the difference between palin and a pitbull? a speech writer and third grade reading level. what's the difference between bush and a pitbull? ummm.. one's taller?.....

that was dumb. i need a speech writer a.s.a.p.

[Valid Atom 1.0]