


So, I just got this month's Glamour (my favorite magazine) in the mail - the cover has Rachel Bilson, Diane Lane and Ali Larter (above, respectively) with the tagline "Love Your Looks; (these three women) Tell How".
Ok. Do I think these are the three most beautiful women in Hollywood? Probably not. Are they judged by their looks and compared to their peers more often than your average person, especially in their careers? Probably so.
However. In comparison with say, the general female population, I think these women definitely fall into at least the top 20% (probably more realistically top 10%) in the looks department. I don't think your truly average or below average looking woman who is struggling to accept herself would find comfort in hearing these kind of women speak about how they came to terms with one earlobe being longer than the other.
This is probably a lot like when stick thin women speak out about how they finally came to accept their bodies, so everyone else should too!! Most women think 'yeah, I'd have no problem accepting YOUR body, either'.
Maybe a truly average looking actress would have been a better choice for this spread. Hmm, who even IS an actress who looks like an every day person? Sarah Jessica Parker? Heather Matazarro? (does anyone other than me even know who this is?)
However, I haven't read the article yet, so maybe I'm just judging a book by its cover. Maybe there's something really insightful and astounding within. I highly doubt it, but I will check back and see.
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment