

So I just saw the movie "He's Just Not That Into You". Despite it's flaws (such as the blatant product placement of Crest whitestrips), I loved it because of its random hilarious moments.
However, I love the book too - and I know some friends who have great criticisms of the book for it's keen ability to point out the blatantly obvious. For example, here are some of the chapters from this book:
--He's just not that into you if he's not calling you
--He's just not that into you if he's having sex with someone else
--He's just not that into you if he's breaking up with you
--He's just not that into you if he only wants to see you when he's drunk
--He's just not that into you if he's married (or other insane variations)
--He's just not that into you if he's disappeared on you
Now, don't get me wrong, yes, this all makes a LOT of sense. However, I do know PLENTY of women who have held out hope and continued to pursue a man who fell into one or more of the above categories (I, of course, always protect the guilty). Some would probably say something about women wanting the 'bad boy' or wanting something they can't have. I don't think that it's that necessarily. And I don't think it's that women don't realize the above men aren't that into them. It's that I think they think these men can, and will, become into them and become decent, wonderful boyfriends/husbands with a little helpful nudging.... Why do women think this? I, personally, don't, so I don't really know.
Anywho, whenever I find myself on the receiving end of something such as a text message from a male counterpart - I ask myself "What Would Greg Say". And I can only encourage others to do the same. :-)
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment