Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just Wondering....



Does Pepsi still, you know, exist? I remember them making many frantic efforts to get ahead of Coke (Pepsi Blue, Pepsi Holiday Spice, Clear Pepsi, the blind Pepsi/Coke taste-test, Britney Spears as a spokeswoman, the list goes ON AND ON). I feel like I still occasionally see Pepsi in stores and restaurants, etc., but I feel like I haven't seen an ad for them in forever. And more importantly, are they even trying to get ahead of coke any more? Or have they just weakly accepted defeat? Hmm.

4 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

I think the problem may be that you don't recognize their logo anymore. Now it looks more like the Obama "O" and I see it everywhere....it's on billboards, on all of their products. Also, they had a bunch of huge commercials during the Super Bowl, featuring Bob Dylan and the theme of "generations." It was totally obscure and you didn't know it was Pepsi till they showed that stupid logo. Looks like their new marketing techniques haven't worked so well!

Angelique Zobitz said...

did you know so many people have commented that the pepsi logo looks like the Obama logo that in marketing circles Pepsi's came out and said Obama's logo actually looks like theirs (theirs was first but unmemoriable apparently) and not the other way around. fighting words I tell ya.

Jaime said...

I guess this is a really weak marketing campaign, seeing my thoughts are 'pepsi, where are you?!?!'

Courtney said...

Actually - if you pay attention, all of Pepsi Co.'s products have now reverted back to previous labels - a 'retro' effect if you will. Their 16 oz. collectible bottles are now being sold - each with a different old logo on it.

[Valid Atom 1.0]